Thursday, June 9, 2011

Parenting Tips from Justin Bieber


I recently stumbled on this blog post about Justin Bieber and I like it. A lot.

I like the call to be courageous parents.

I like the call to raise courageous kids.

I think one of the added blessings to putting together this after school group called KWAV's has been that we have seen a group of parents stand up to say, "I'm all in on this whole raising kids who are quality people."

Because it is easy to find a sea of people who want their kids to be brilliant, or a stellar athlete, or even "well-rounded" in the college application way.

But, to find a group of people who want their kids to be kind, and thoughtful, and humble, and who love God and try to put others before themselves - well, that may not be quite as easy.

Truly, we are grateful to have found parents with the same vision as us.

Thank you.




2 comments:

  1. We watched the Justin Bieber movie yesterday. We got it from the library. I appreciate that they always pray before a concert. She became pregnant with him when she was a teenager but never thought to abort. She raised him on her own because the dad left when he was 10 months old. She had her own apartment and she credits the Lord and her parents with helping her through. Nice role model! It's good to know my kids are alright listening to his music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Chris Spradlin, the author of EpicParent and I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the Epicparent love!! love your blog and what your doing for the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete